Are you in need of an ETA visa to Cambodia? Most people get worried when…
From 1st January 2012 the Government Of Sri Lanka made it mandatory for holiday and business travellers to carry visa. Once your have Sri Lanka Visa is availed you can now travel to all place in Sri Lanka without experiencing any problem. Here are some of tips about requirement in travelling to Sri Lanka ( https://visit-sri-lanka.net ).
Basic Information for Sri Lanka Visa
To apply for a Sri Lanka Visa. applicant must hold a passport with a minimum validity of 6 months. It should at least have one blank visa page available for stamp(s).
- Two latest passports sized coloured photograph of 2 x 2 in length and it should be absolutely clear.
- Applicant must have a confirmed return airline ticket and sufficient funds to support their stay in Sri Lanka.
- ETA is valid for 3 months and issued for double entry of up to 30 days per visit. If someone wants to extend the short visit beyond 30 days, it can be done twice for 90 days from the date of arrival in each instance. Application for extension is supposed to be submitted to the Visa Section of the Department of Immigration.
- ETA can be obtained through the government website or through various other trustworthy online visa service providers.
Once the online ETA form is filled and submitted, the ETA approval is sent via email. These third party websites are quite simple, fast, informative and provide full guidance on ETA. It is always advisable to go through the website’s terms and conditions before filling the form or making any online payment.
- All Nationalities can apply for an ETA except visitors from Singapore, Seychelles and Maldives.
Crew members of flight from these countries are also exempted. Even the passengers stopping over in Sri Lanka for few hours need not any transit ETA.
- If someone has applied for business visa then the nature of business has to be specified in the ETA form.
The person should not engage in any employment other than what is mentioned in ETA.
Exempted From ETA
- Travellers from Maldives, Seychelles and Singapore are exempted from ETA, even the crew members of the flight are also exempted.
- Children under 12 years of age are exempted from ETA processing fee.
- If any passenger has a stopover in Sri Lanka and he/she do not plan to leave the airport then transit ETA is not required.
- If the applicant has a valid business visa, multiple entry visa or a residence visa then they get an exemption from ETA.